How to Apply
Interested in applying? Great! We are excited to learn more about you and to hear your ideas.
Step 1: Gather information and develop your ideas
You are also encouraged to seek out inspiration and guidance from others. Helpful sources typically include:
- Current & Past HEX projects
- Current & Past HEX-U projects
- Other public humanities institutions and projects outside of UW-Madison
- Your professors, TAs, advisors, and peers
You may want to start by considering...
- What are you learning as an undergraduate student? Through humanities-oriented classes, research, and other scholarly activities?
- How might your learning be of benefit to the community? What links can be made?
- What are the current issues of the local community?
- What are the unmet needs of local organizations?
- How could elements of the local community be advanced?
Step 2: Learn about application requirements and develop your application
Note: You will be able to share your ideas with us through various forms of media and/or text in the application, some of which will take time to develop. Don't delay! Start now, and consider utilizing campus resources such as The Writing Center and the Design Lab for assistance.