The Center enriches and intensifies intellectual life on campus and throughout the state, offering fellowships, awards, workshops, and opportunities for educators and students.
Academic Year 2015-16
- September 25: First Book Program applications due for junior faculty in the humanities and humanistic social sciences.
- November 1: Public Humanities Pre-Doctoral Summer Workshop applications due.
- November 2: A.W. Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow applications due.
- November 20: Spring 2016 Faculty Development Seminar participant applications due.
- November 20: Public Works Incubator proposals due.
- November 23: Application deadline for faculty wishing to lead a 2016-17 Faculty Development Seminar.
- January 22: Public Humanities Exchange (HEX) Program applications due.
- February 29: Public Humanities Fellowship applications due for Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 implementation.
- March 11: Applications due for the 2016-17 Borghesi-Mellon Workshops.
- May 2: Application deadline for the Iwanter Prize for Undergraduate Research in the Humanities.
- May 6: Faculty Development Seminar participant applications due.
- May 23: Public Humanities Exchange (HEX) Program applications due for Spring 2017 implementation.
- June: Deadline for Wisconsin High Schools to apply to our 2016-17 Great World Texts Program.