800 Langdon Street
About the Building
Opened on October 5, 1928, the Memorial Union sits on the shores of Lake Mendota between Helen C. White Library and the Armory (Red Gym). This building is most recognized for its classic architecture and bright green, orange and yellow starburst Terrace chairs. The Memorial Union is used by UW students, faculty, staff, Wisconsin Union Members and the Madison community for a variety of social and educational activities.